Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Louie: The Drum Hero

I was still in the 3rd level when I played drums to represent the school once again, but this time, for an interschool cheering contest, not for a band battle. There I found myself that I really wasn't good enough to rock the world, unlike the guy whom I've met during that time, and his name is Louie. He showed me the way to play the drums wherein he's gonna rock the crowd. Yeah, he really rocks the crowd with his mesmerizing drum lines, groovy beats, breath-taking solos, dynamic and powerful playing style, all rolled into one. In fact, he has won the hearts of lots of people in my school, and many consider him as a drum hero, as I do.

And because he earned a very good reputation, majority voted me to back off, and the drum hero will play for the school, instead of me. When the hero and the choreographer told me that I'm not gonna play the drums for the upcoming competition that time, I found myself that I had a sort of a hidden pride. Yes, a hidden pride. For I wasn't able to stop from crying as a result of the pain inside of me after hearing that, in spite of controlling myself from crying out. But I was lucky enough to play for the school once more, out of my request, and we made it as champions, out of God's grace and mercy! Praise His Name!

No comments: