Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What I've Done: The Original Transcription

The Los Angeles-based rock band released the carrier single, "What I've Done", from their third album, "Minutes to Midnight". It was on April 3, 2007 here in the Philippines when it happened. And a few hours from its release, I tried to transcribe the musical intsruments, especially the piano and guitars. Luckily, I've made it, as shown on my official ultimate-guitar.com contribution.

But the problem is that, I certainly don't know that I can make money out of the transcriptions that I have contributed through my very own blog. In fact, some of them are one of the top results in search engines(e.g. Google, Yahoo), (I don't know in some other countries and territories), just like those serach tags enumerated below:

* believe me chords
* remember the name chords
* what i've done chords

You can easily identify them as mine for some reasons:

1. It is from ultimate-guitar.com
2. My name "Rudolf Abunda" is included in the submitted transcription.

And what makes it worse is that, some people have literally plagiarized it, as in they do the copy-paste stuff. Sometimes, they even delete my name, which is always included in my transcriptions.

No comments: